Tuesday, May 20, 2014

May's 1st Dance Concert

This weekend was Maylie's first dance concert. And by concert I mean FIVE concerts crammed into a two-day period. Considering all the craziness we put this little two year old through, I think she did great.


{I feel the need to give a huge shout out to my mom for years of getting me ready for pageants, 'cause seriously, this was no joke. Trying put make-up on a two-year old, forcing her to wear white gloves where she can't touch anything, and making her wear a little crown that seriously did not want to stay in her pixie cut hair was just asking for a stressful weekend for mom and baby. So thanks Mom! I know I was a bit older when you had to get me ready for pageants, but I know I was just as much a pain.}


Anyway, back to the concert. May performed five times and did great. The last two were a little rough, so naturally those are the ones I filmed. She danced at the first three pretty well, but the last two were a struggle. She lost her crown in the forth, which was kind of traumatic. And right before the last concert she was having a melt down backstage. The helpers back there told me they barely were able to convince her to go on. But it was almost nine, and her fifth concert, and she was just done. So she danced a little during the last concert, but she mostly bossed her friend Lucy around the entire time.


Overall it was so fun watching her dance! But by the end she was so over it. After the last concert she kept yelling, "I'm done!!" whenever we tried to take her pictures. Thanks May for putting up with us!


And thanks Rik for teaching little girl and being patient with her all year! You're the best!

Here's the video of May's crown falling off. Feel free to get a good laugh out of it. We sure did!
(Side note: ignore my loud laugh in the background. I just can't help it.)

1 comment:

  1. Lol! This is hilarious! She is such a cutie! I love their little outfits!

    ReplyDelete