Monday, April 14, 2014

Maylie Monday: Nap Time

As you may have noticed, I have been slacking in the blog department. Sorry. I have two weeks left in the semester, so I will be back in full swing once finals are over (hopefully).

Anyway, Miss May has been resisting naps like crazy, so I've opted for "quiet time." Every day when nap time is supposed to happen, little girl is required to go in her room and sleep or quietly play for the same time as she would sleep. At first I felt a little guilty shutting her in her room, but she doesn't seem to mind at all. In fact, she kind of seems to like it.

I originally did this because, guys, I need nap time. Nap time is homework, housework, and mommy sanity time. I was devastated when I thought I was losing her daily nap, but this arrangement has saved me. About half the time she still sleeps, but when she doesn't, she and I don't have to throw a fit about it. The only side affect I've really noticed is when she doesn't nap she is exhausted by bedtime. The other night she just went and tucked herself into bed and was asleep before I even knew she had gone into her room. Then last night, she got grumpy at Ryan and shut herself in her room. When I went to go ask her why she was mad I nearly squished her with the door. She was crashed out on the floor right by the door.


6 comments:

  1. That is too cute! My mom tells me I used to fall asleep on the stairs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny! I swear kids can fall asleep anywhere!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is adorable!
    By the way, THANK YOU for being the 300th follower of my blog on Bloglovin! I am over the moon :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! Congrats! Thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. This was really very cute!
    Sleeping so cozily by the door.

    xx

    ReplyDelete