Friday, April 18, 2014

Life In Lists: What Would I Do With a Million Dollars?

So just a few days ago I mentioned that I have been slacking in the blog department. I attributed that to being busy with school and what-not, which is mostly true. But also I just have a little writer's block. Which is why I was so stoked to find out my cute blogger friend, Kelli, and her sister, Marci have started a new link-up called "My Life in Lists," which is kind of perfect since it'll help me keep on blogging even when I'm kinda busy.

So here it goes: What would I do with a million dollars?

1. Pay my parents back for school.
My parents are awesome and paid for my first two years of college, and I really under appreciated that. I was seriously the biggest punk about it and wasted so much of their money. I eventually told them I would just pay for college myself, at least that way I could feel less bad about it. If I had a million dollars I would pay them back for the money they pumped into my college education.


2. Buy a house, duh.
Who wouldn't buy a house? But I don't think I would buy a lavish house. Just something comfortable our kids could grow up in, but I would probably spend a ton decorating it.

3. Take Ryan to Machu Picchu.
I think this has to be the top of Ryan's bucket list. He brings it up all the time. I would love to take him on his dream vacation.



4. Upgrade our cars.
We are seriously so lucky and blessed to have two cars that work and run well, but they are getting a little old and it's probably just a matter of time before they break down and become money-holes. So I would buy Ryan a nice new four-door Jeep or a truck, and let him pick out a cute car for me. Cause let's be real, I honestly don't care what it is as long as it's cute.


5. Pay for grad school and probably save for a doctorate.
I think eventually I will go back to school. I love the idea of having Masters, but it is so expensive and there is no guarantee that having an MA will increase my ability to make more at all. So that's scary. If I had the money to just pay it outright I would go in a heart beat.

So that's what I would do with a million dollars.

What you you spend it on?

4 comments:

  1. wow! your answers are so much less selfish than mine! haha! and I love the "i don't care what car it is, as long as it's cute" haha! so true! and machu picchu would be killer! thanks for joining!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for doing a link-up so I don't have to think about content through the last few weeks of school :) And I have massive buyers remorse, so it seemed way less stressful to go this route!

      Delete
  2. Love your list! Would love to visit Machu Picchu. Your blog and family are so cute...so glad the link-up led me to it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete