Thursday, March 6, 2014

Why I Blog


I'm linking up again with Hayley and Lauren to talk about why we blog.

I'll admit, I've been a little stumped with this post, which seems weird, but I guess I have never thought about why I just do.

I started out blogging because I was deleting my Facebook page, and I wanted friends and family to be able to see little May grow up. I mainly used this blog for a place to post updates and pictures of our family, but lately I've been doing a little more with the blog. I still focus on our family, but I'm expanding my range of topics slowly but surely. I'm still not sure where I want to take it, but I'm happy just figuring it out one post at a time.

But there are a few things that keep me coming back:

1. I love the relationships that form from blogging. Recently I've gotten to know some really great women that I never would have "met" without blogging. I love getting to know them and seeing this little window into their lives.

2. I love to write. I always have. Even though I don't write long posts, blogging is a good creative outlet. 

3. It is like an online journal. Despite my love of writing, I have never been good at keeping a journal. Having a blog keeps me accountable, and I am able to look back at our lives and even see what I was feeling/thinking about at that time.

Maybe one day I will figure out what I want to do with my little space on the internet, but for now I'm ok with just seeing where it takes me.

Girl Between the Lines Link up

3 comments:

  1. I have also never been good at journaling, but I am really consistent with my blog! :) Thanks for linking up with us again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I hope you don't mind a stranger reading your blog. I've gone to school with the Laws boys and came across your blog. You have a great way of documenting things and I enjoy reading :)

    ReplyDelete