Monday, March 3, 2014

Maylie Monday: An Update

I totally flaked out on Maylie Monday last week. We had just gotten back from a mini-vacay to Vegas, and I procrastinated all of my homework for when we got back. Anyway, I thought this week I would just share a few things that are new with May Lady.


1. She loves to "help" do anything these days. Today she helped me pick out apples at the grocery store. After we got done, she says, "I your big helper, huh?" So dang cute. She also loves to help clean or cook. Every time she hears the vacuum she comes running to help out, and when I cook she brings her stool into the kitchen to stand by me and pretend to help. Sometimes an extra set of clumsy hands isn't actually helpful, but it is too sweet to not let her.

2. She's like a mini teenager. I just went into her room to put clothes away, and she said in her sassy little voice, "What you doing in my room?" I cannot believe how much 'tude comes out of this little one. I hope she gets it out of her system before she hits high school.

3. She's begging for a bike. I swear I cannot believe it is already time to start thinking about bikes for her. She tells me everyday that she wants one for her birthday, which is still five months away, and she even tells me that she wants a Minnie Mouse helmet. We've decided to use this as an opportunity for bribery. We have told her she can only have a bike if she quits sucking her thumb by her birthday. We'll see if that works out.

4. She likes to carry four million toys every where we go.  She makes me carry four million things every where we go. Every morning we have to go through the same melt down because I tell her she can only bring her blanket and one toy. Then once we get out the door she's handing me everything she has and tells me its "really heavy."

5. She tells me, "I love you SO much." And she says it in this big deep voice that I just melt over. It's my favorite thing she does right now.


1 comment:

  1. hahah I love how she has to bring toys everywhere. and her telling you to get out of her room!? hilarious! ha!

    ReplyDelete