Monday, March 17, 2014

Maylie Monday: St. Patty's Day

I failed as a mom for St. Patty's day this year. There were no green pancakes, green decor, or even green clothing in our house today. I figured she was too young to really appreciate it. We went to the grocery store and about five employees asked May if she knew what day it was. Then Ryan came home in a bright green shirt and attacked me with pinches for not wearing green. He then went over to May, who was having a snack and "pinched" her too, and by pinch I mean tickle. I don't know if it was because she just woke up from a nap, or because she is just grumpy today, but she burst into tears.


It was so sad and so funny all at once.  And being the awesome mom I am, I snapped pictures instead of comforting her. We were so surprised at how upset she got. Daddy cuddled her 'til she felt better, and I learned my lesson to always remember St. Patty's day.

P.S. Don't mind her bed head, she just woke up!


No comments:

Post a Comment