Thursday, February 6, 2014

One of the Many Reasons I'm Glad I'm Married


I have many reasons why I love being married, but here is a little story that happened today that gave me a reminder of just how much I don't miss being single:

So there I was, sitting in the hallway in between classes. I was doing some reading and catching up on homework, but one of my favorite things to do is people watch. I know that sounds insanely creepy, but it all started with an assignment I had about five years ago.

In my very first creative writing class, my professor gave us an assignment to go to a public place, watch people, and write down our judgements about them. Um, ridiculously cool homework right? Okay, maybe I'm just weird. But it's a great way to generate character and story ideas. Anyway, ever since this first assignment, I have found that I am really observant of those around me. I used to even carry a notebook to write down observations... Again, I swear its not creepy!!

So back to today, I'm sitting in the hall and a group of dance students across from me strike up a conversation about their dating life. One girl in particular  goes on a rant about her now ex-boyfriend cheated on her. And what dating story would be complete without a detailed description of how she stalked and then broke into her boyfriend's house to confront him when he got home from hanging out with another girl. Not to excuse the guy's obviously flawed behavior, but clearly the proper reaction was breaking and entering.

Guys, I don't miss the drama of dating... Like at all. I like to think I was a completely rational and sane girlfriend, but honestly, I think we can all assume that wasn't completely true.  BUT to be fair I only acted "crazy" when the guy was actually up to something, so I'm going to say any "crazy" actions were justified. In other words, guys make girls act "crazy," and dating was just not my thing.

It's little things that remind me how blessed I am to be married to such a wonderful man (It's February, I'm allowed to be a little mushy, okay?). I'm also blessed to be married to a man who doesn't bring out the "crazy" in me! And on top of all the other wonderful aspects of marriage, I am so grateful to not be a part of the dating world.

 photo Signature3.png

Girl Between the Lines Link up


8 comments:

  1. I completely agree! I wouldn't go back either. Bye the way, love your blog, it is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I TOTALLY agree that I don't miss dating at all. It's awesome to know that there's commitment you don't have to worry will scram when things get hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?? Commitment totally changes your perspective.

      Delete
  3. love this! I totally agree. It's times like these when I am SO grateful to be married.
    and I am totally with you about people watching. it's my guilty pleasure. haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad! The whole time I was writing this, I'm thinking, people are going to think I'm a creep! Glad I'm not alone!

      Delete
  4. YES!! I am so glad I never have to date again! It's tough to put yourself out there all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I never realized how hard it was until I was out of it!

      Delete