Monday, February 3, 2014

Maylie Monday: The Negotioator

You know what is never fun? A two-year old outsmarting you. And it happens all of the time in our house.

I think I've convinced myself that we are compromising, but in reality, she's just getting what she wants in a round-about way.

For instance, every little thing is a negotiation. The other night we driving home from getting ice cream and playing at the McDonald's play place (something she already talked us into doing), and on the way home she said, "I wanna watch TB (TV)." I told her we could talk about it when we got home. It was already late, and she still needed a bath. I was hoping she would just forget about it. Well she didn't.

The rest of the ride home consisted of her repeating, "Watch a show. Talk about it, okay?" I'd correct her and say it was "Talk about watching a show." But she was sneaky and kept saying it in reverse. She continued to repeat her plea to watch a show before bed throughout her bath. I finally said, "Ok, one show. Then bed."

I have this trick though. I just fast forward her show so it's almost to the end. We watch about 5-10 minutes, and then we go to bed. She's yet to catch on, but I suppose she will sooner or later. So I caved, and we watched a few minutes of TV.

She sure does have me all figured out.


And I thought this photo demonstrated how time-out goes in our house. We've been using her bed for time-out. When Ryan puts her in time-out, she cries and waits for him to come get her. When I put her in time-out, she takes a nap. That girl of ours.

2 comments:

  1. hahah! she is seriously adorable! I live for your funny stories about her!! haha!

    ReplyDelete