Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

Super corny title right? But I think that pictures really do speak to us more than words often can. That's why images are so powerful and influential, and today I am linking up with Lauren and Haley again to share one of my favorite images and the story behind it.

I have always cherished pictures. Even in high school I carried my camera with me always. I love being able to re-live moments and to discover new emotions they bring over time.



The story behind this image is obvious, and I imagine most mothers would identify their favorite picture as one of their children. I am no exception, but what I love most about this picture is Ryan's face. I love this expression, and I have only seen it on the most important of occasions. It is so candid and real. To me, this expression is love, pride (in the best way), and sincere joy.

Another reason I love this photo is that while you can't see them, I know my husband is looking at his family in this photo. Ryan's family drove down (by a lucky accident) the week before I was due to give birth. It just so happened that my water broke that day. They came by and visited us in the hospital, but when it got late they decided to leave to go get some rest. After Maylie was born at 3 am, we called my mom and Ryan's whole family to come back. I am so grateful to have had such wonderful, sleepy family there to experience the earliest moments of Maylie's life.

Also, May has just the cutest profile ever, and I love how calm and alert she is for being brand new!

 photo Signature3.png


Girl Between the Lines Link up

18 comments:

  1. Such a sweet picture. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so beautiful! And I can't wait to have a picture like that of my husband <3 So much love!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Nothing has made me love my husband more than watching him love our little girl! You will love it!

      Delete
  3. oh my goodness-this melts my heart! sooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How precious is this picture? What a perfect picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute picture!! And I love hearing the story of all that you see when you look at the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey! I nominated your and your cute blog for the liebster award! see here for details: http://goodtobeagilbert.blogspot.com/2014/02/cady-from-this-is-moment-blog-nominated.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting from the linkup! That's an absolutely adorable picture. So incredibly precious, and the story really adds to how touching it is! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this picture! It is SO sweet! He looks so happy! Thanks for linking up again!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that picture! One proud daddy!

    ReplyDelete