Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The Girl Between the Lines Link-Up

Girl Between the Lines Link up

I know. Most of the time I post about Miss May, but I've been thinking of a lot of things I'd like to start posting about, and though most of those things still don't have a ton to do with getting to know me better, I thought this might be a cool way to start posting more often! So I'm pretty excited to do this link up. 

The first week's topic is: post a pic of yourself and say three things you like about yourself.

I LOVE this topic. Not because I'm just dying to share things I think are great about me, but because I think it is so important to acknowledge the good in ourselves. So often we focus on the negative, and we forget that we each have good qualities. By constantly giving merit to the bad, we give it power, and in doing so we distort our self-image. So here it goes, three things I like about myself:


1. I love that I am still going to school. Sometimes I hate it. I especially hate that I started college six years ago, and I still don't have my degree. But I am proud of myself for sticking it out, and I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I love to learn, and I am so grateful to have the opportunity to get a college degree.

2. I love my laugh. 90% of the time it's louder than anyone else's, but it makes my husband smile and it sounds just like my mom's. I'm blessed in a lot of ways to be like my mom, but my laugh is one of my favorites.

3. And I love my ability to see the good in others. This has gotten me into trouble in the past, but I always assume the best in everyone. I would much rather give someone the benefit of the doubt and be wrong than be assume the worst and be right.

Thanks Hayley and Lauren for creating this awesome link-up, I  am looking forward to getting to know you, and lots of other bloggers, better!

Check this out and join in! I'm pretty excited about it.

 photo Signature3.png

10 comments:

  1. That picture is gorgeous!!! Thanks for linking up with us this week!! And way to go with sticking out school-- you can do it! :) Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I am so looking forward to it!

      Delete
  2. You are so pretty!! Keep pushing through school. No one says you HAVE to finish in a certain time frame! :) I'm so glad you linked up with us--I love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to! I think it is such a cool way to get to know some bloggers better!

      Delete
  3. I totally understand how tough school can feel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!! Visiting from the link-up!! :) keep at the schooling..it worth it in the end! I wish I loved my laugh..mine is weird I think. :) nice "meeting" you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by!! Nice to "meet" you too!

      Delete
  5. You are stunning! I am glad this link-up pointed me toward your blog. You should be so proud for pursuing your degree no matter what. It will all pay off! And I hate my laugh, so I'm really jealous :) Lastly, I think seeing the best in others is an amazing quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marissa, I am so glad you stopped by! You're blog is darling! Can't wait to get to know you better!

      Delete