Thursday, November 28, 2013

10 Things

I have never been the kind of person who loves to go around the table and talk about all the things I am thankful for. Seriously, my family never did that.

One time we went to visit my mom's family for Thanksgiving, and each year they do something different to have the family express gratitude. This particular year they decided everyone (which was like 30+ people) would go around the table and share 3 things that are true. Everyone shared uplifting and sweet things like, "I know my family loves me" or "I have wonderful children." Sweet things. 

And then it was my dad's turn. His #1 thing that was true, "Kaylyn has no friends" (referencing some short story my brother wrote in the 3rd or 4th grade). My brother and I busted up in fits of laughter, and everyone else just glared. They didn't think we were funny. My poor mom. We were so embarrassing. If that wasn't enough, when it came to mine and Joey's turn, we couldn't just let my dad have the last word, so we responded with, "Todd has no friends" and "Joey has no friends," and I'm sure some other really nice things about each other.

That was the extent of us expressing what we were thankful for each year. 

But I'm going to get a little sappy and share some things I'm thankful for. 

1. I'm thankful for Ryan who always supports me and brings out the best in me. He supports the things I need to do and everything I want to do. He provides a wonderful example of how to serve others, and I am eternally grateful to be able to call him my husband.

2. I am thankful for a little girl who is loving, kind, and polite. She teaches me patience and love in ways I have never before experienced. I'm thankful for her sweet heart and the constant light she brings into our home.


3. I'm thankful for parents who have been understanding, supportive, and loving my entire life. And who have loved and embraced my daughter wholeheartedly.


4. I'm thankful for a brother who has always been my best friend.


5. I am thankful for in-laws who have been accepting, loving, and have made me feel comfortable in their family.


6. I'm thankful for the opportunity to go to college and to constantly better myself. 

7. I am thankful to have a roof over our heads.  

8. I'm thankful for insanely delicious food, especially this time of year. 

9. I'm thankful to live in a country, despite its flaws, that allows so many freedoms that others do not get to enjoy. 

10. And I'm thankful to be a member of a church that strengthens my family, makes me feel connected to our Heavenly Father, and promises that families can be together forever.


Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

 photo Signature3.png

1 comment:

  1. We love you K! So thankful you are part of our lives and thank you for taking good care of our boy and grandbaby. MUAH!!!

    ReplyDelete