Monday, July 1, 2013

You should know...

So my super cute sister-in-law sent me this text today:

 "In hopes to make you blog more, I picked you for a little get to know you link up that's been going around the Internet for your blog! Aka: you need to do it!!!"

3 whole exclamation points! Okay, okay Rik, you got me. I'll do it. And go check out her cute blog On the Reals, I shamelessly stalk her, you should too. I also totally expect her to harass her when she has a ton of her own munchkins running around and doesn't blog as much as I want her to.



Now I know most of you mostly stop by here to see pictures of the munchkin, but I am going to take a little break from that and talk about myself today. 


So here it goes, six things about me:

1. What is your guilty pleasure?
Okay, so since I was like 10 years old I have been obsessed with a video game called Harvest Moon. Seriously guys, it's so lame. You have a character who inherits a run down farm and you have to rehabilitate it and befriend people in the village. That's it. Sounds super lame right? Even I think it's super lame, but I'm mildly obsessed with it. I own 11 different versions of the nearly the same game, and I still play it pretty frequently. Embarrassing. 

I drew this bad boy in Jr. High, its of HM character.. Obsessed much?

2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Well, big news, we are moving to Lehi. Yup, like soon. Within the month soon. I actually have another post planned out about this, but Ryan got a job up north so we are leaving sunny St. George behind. I will get into all that later. But I imagine we will be in northern Utah for awhile. I am planning on transferring to UVU, and I BETTER have my bachelor degree in English within 5 years. I should have it in about a year depending on how the transfer goes. I am a little torn about grad school, but its definitely in the cards. Honestly, I would love to stay at home (after I get my degree) and raise Maylie (and other little ones that may come our way) at least until they begin school. I would also be happy cooped up, never getting out of my pajamas, and writing to my heart's content. 



3. Favorite Treat
I basically LOVE a treat and eat it like crazy until I can't stand it anymore. Currently I'm stuck on Tilimook's Cookie Dough Ice Cream, but it'll be something new in a week or two.

This is when mint chocolate chip was my fav. I wasn't up for sharing with Ry Guy.

4. What's your go-to outfit?
I wish I was super stylish like my cute sis-in-law, but honestly I'm just not. Lately my favorite outfit has been red jeggings and one of Ryan's t-shirts. My summer wardrobe is a little limited (especially since most everything is in boxes for a few weeks), and the hot weather here definitely calls for baggy t-shirts. 



5. Any current beauty secrets you're dying to share??
I wouldn't call them current, but I do know a few handy ones I learned from the pageant world. 
  • Visine will take the red out of pimples.
  • Dry shampoo is your friend
  • Fake boobs are not just for pageant swim suits and dresses, they make any dress look better.
  • HACing seriously can work wonders. Cara at MaskCara has awesome tutorials on how to do this.
Trust me... I'm an expert.


6. Tell us something we don't know about you.
Ummmm... I'm kind of an open book, let's see... Okay, I used to bully kids who picked on my brother. I had a pretty bad tendency to kick these kids in the shins, but I looked so little that teachers never believed that I actually could do any damage, so I never got in trouble. So sorry to you guys that I kicked in elementary school, but I was just defending my brother... In my defense.

Don't mess with this kid, I'll beat you up.
Alright! That's six things about me! I guess I'll pass on the favor to...


Going along with Riki's attempt to make me blog more, these girlies have not blogged in awhile either! Maybe this will help jump start them again :) 

Choose 6 from these 10 questions girlies:

1. Let us in on a secret you haven't shared with your readers yet. 
2. What's your favorite part about marriage?
3. If you could have your dream job, what would it be? 
4. What is your favorite way to relax?
5. Share one goal off of your bucket-list with us. 
6. How did your blog come about?
7. Guilty pleasure? 
8. What is a personal trial you have overcome?
9. What's the most challenging part of motherhood?



3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I love this! Thanks for doing it, you're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading all your stuff!! Found you via Riki! You and your little family are just adorable!! I totally would have kicked anyones butt that messed with my little brothers! ;)

    xo,
    Shio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shio! I just checked out your blog, super cute!!

      Delete