Sunday, October 9, 2011

Lucky to be Loved

It's the best thing in the world to be surrounded by family and friends. We have been so lucky in the last few weeks to have so many of our loved ones visit us, or invite us to visit them. 

First, we were able to go to Provo two weekends in a row. Okay, that's a ton of driving, but it was so worth it to be with some of our favorite people! (Sorry for stealing the pics Riki!)




Then my awesome friend Madi, who is still referred to as "my roommate," even though it's been almost two years since we've lived together, came to visit us. A funny fact about Madi: she does not like babies. But for some reason she was loving Miss Maylie. I wish I had a photo of them together, but I do have this adorable one Madi took of May.


Next my aunt Tera and her husband Jeff were in Las Vegas, so they drove to Mesquite to have dinner with us and to meet Maylie. They were pros and getting her to sleep and calming her down.


After that, my Mimi came all the way from Florida to meet Maylie! She was so awesome with her. I think the only times she wasn't holding her was for feedings and after bedtime. And naturally I failed to take any pictures, so those will be added as soon as I get some from Mimi, who was totally on top of it.

And to top it all off, we spent a wonderful weekend in Mesquite with my parents. I think my mom was a little bummed she had to forfeit her time with Maylie to share with Mimi, so we drove down to give Momma her Maylie fix. Which worked great for us, because that meant we got to have some "grown-up" time. Doing things like:

Bowling. (I hate to lose, especially when there's a bet involved. Meaning I have to cook or eat WHATEVER Ryan wants for a whole week. Hello Taco Bell.)



Drinking Starbucks.


And eating ice-cream.



Total grown-up things, right?

We're so blessed to have family and friends who are crazy about Maylie, otherwise we'd probably never see anyone ;)




2 comments:

  1. Hahaha I love this!!! My favorite part.."hello taco bell" :) you're a good wife Kay. And I love when you come to visit, it really is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah HAH!!!! Yes, yes yes! mebbe sumdey joo an jewer ubee moof moar cloase two mey lees moas faye vrit uncoal my key?? jess!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete